What I got for my 16th birthday...

7 September 2014


On the 4th of September, I turned 16. It seems so crazy how time has flown by and another birthday has passed. I'm here to show you the gifts I received from all the amazing people in my life - my family, friends and boyfriend. I am so grateful and pleased with all my gifts,(*disclaimer*) however I haven't made this to show off or brag in anyway, I just like reading these kind of posts so I thought some of you might do too!

Makeup

Simple Kind To Skin+ Illuminating Radiance Cream
  I've been wanting this ever since I used my best friend Megan's - it is amazing. It is a white moisturizing cream that gives your skin the perfect radiant glow. I have been mixing it with my foundation or putting it on before applying my base and you can honestly see it glowing through and illuminating your whole face. Beautiful product - totally recommend it!

L'Oreal Paris Lumi Magique Concealer/Highlighting Pen in Light
I've only used this once since I've been gifted this, but it is wonderful. I have a problem with my horrific, dark under eye circles so I usually turn to higlighting concealers to brighten my under eye. This was a dream to use the other day as it completely got rid of the blackness and I would say it a great drugstore dupe to the Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Concealer. 

Bourjois Blusher in 95 Jasper Rose
I am very pleased to own this beautiful rose gold blush. VelvetGh0st on youtube (aka Gabby) went on about this blush frequently a while back and I have been lusting it ever since. She described is as a similar drugstore dupe to Benefit's Rockateur Blush. Recently, I purchased the Benefit one and it is my all time favourite blush colour and blush in general! Therefore, I wanted to have a drugstore dupe of it so I didn't constantly have to use the Benefit one. It was such a nice surprise that my best friend got me this, as she obviously listened to me go on about this a while back - she is so sweet! :)

Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow in RSVP
 To begin with, Benefit packaging is my favourite, it just has to be; it has girly-girl written all over it! Thank you again to my best friend for listening to me... I have wanted this for a while, ever since I went to a party and borrowed this shade off of another friend. I used it as a base with Naked 2's YDK on the top of it and it looks stunning honestly. So happy to have this beautiful champagne-y pink added to my very loved cream shadow collection.

L'Oreal Paris Color Riche Quad in E4 Marron Glace
What a beautiful neutral palette. I am very aware that this will become a staple in my daily routine as it has four gorgeous wearable shades. A white champagne, taupe, soft brown and chocolate brown all in a sleek golden compact - what more could you want? IN LOVE.

Benefit They're Real! Mascara
It is so crazy how I now own a full size of this lash defining mascara. My friend Jess, who I have mentioned before (helloitsjessxx.blogspot.co.uk), kindly brought me this whilst on holiday. It is really sweet how she picked this up for me. I have only used miniature samples of this product but it has done wonders for my lashes - both in defining and lengthening them. I highly recommend this mascara as it is my favourite, along with the Revlon Lash Potion, which I will be featuring in a soon to be post. 


Well, basically I wore this yesterday and I already have claimed it to be my favourite lipstick. I have fallen in love with this sexy deep nude colour at the minute and my best friend, once again, bought me this little gem. Despite this being a matte formula, it is no way at all drying on the lips. The colour is truly pigmented and it reminds me of something Kylie Jenner would wear. This lipstick has been on my wishlist ever since Sammi from BeautyCrush mentioned it in a video. She looks beautiful with it on and proves it looks good on many different skintones. 

L'Oreal Paris Color Riche Liquid Lipstick in 601 Nude Ballet
This has been quite a recent lust but I fell in love with the colour, packaging and name all at once so..yes, that kind of popped onto my wishlist recently. It is so creamy on the lips and it is such a beautiful subtle lipgloss that I find I will be wearing a lot, especially at school. I have a feeling this would look lovely paired with my new Mac lipstick above! (Comment if you agree)

Avon Nail Art Nail Foils and Avon Glamour Palette Set
Lastly, on the makeup front, I was given a couple of things from Avon. On the left of the photo, there are three cute sets of the nail foils that you stick onto your nails. I am really happy with the pretty colours and patterns on them. My Nan and Grandad were also super cute and bought me this huge blush, lip and eyeshadow palette called Glamour from Avon too.

Fragrance

Valentina Valentino Eau De Parfum
My wonderful boyfriend bought me this beautiful perfume for my birthday. It has been a scent that I have been in love with for ages and am so glad to finally have it. I'm awful at describing scents so look online if you want to know more details about this beauty! I've been wearing this everyday since and it just smells so so so feminine. 

Jewellry 


I received this classy gift from my cousin; she picked it out for me, particularly because I love chunky/big necklaces. I adore how perfect this looked when paired with the outfit I wore on my birthday (photo will be at the end of this post). I can't wait to be wearing this on many nights out!

Others




How beautiful are these flowers my boyfriend got me? This was so sweet of him to do this and I am so unbelievably grateful. At the minute, they are perched in a clear vase in my room, looking as pretty as ever. Aidan and his mum went to a florist to get them professionally displayed and they asked for something 'pink, girly and youthful', which I thought was adorable because it basically describes me in three words.



 Finally, I received a lot of other little bits from family and friends. I got some of the self-heating face masks, which I feel really make a difference to my skin. I also got some novelty gifts that have the number '16' on (mini snow globe/ornament and mug). I wasn't able to photograph everything because I had quite a lot of little bits and bobs.

Another present that I didn't mention earlier on was that my boyfriend's mum kindly gave me a gift voucher to get gel nails and them infilled; this was so generous of them and I cannot wait to go and get them done. Any recommendations/opinions on gel nails?



I am super grateful for every single present everyone got me and I love you all! I can't wait to be spending my boots vouchers and money on lots of makeup and clothes hehe....

Char Xx

1 comment

Latest Instagrams

© scarletslippers. Design by FCD.