NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils // Review

8 November 2014

Hey there everybody!

I hope you are all well this Saturday evening. Tonight I have a review on one of my favourite eye products ever...the phenomenal and infamous NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils. Seeing as they were so popular, I decided to buy a few colours to try over the past few months in my local Next and when I went on holiday to Ireland, as they fortunately had a stand there.
Carry on reading if you wish to find out more about these little gems, even if you've seen 343243 beauty bloggers already post and rave about them.



I decided to buy three contrasting colours so that I was able to incorporate each of them into various looks. The three colours are:
Milk - A pure white. You have probably seen every beauty guru, youtuber and blogger talk about  using this eye pencil as a blank canvas before the use of eye shadow. This helps to ensure the colours you use on top 'pop' and increases the vibrancy and pigmentation of the shadow - it honestly does! This is a staple for your makeup collection; milk is suuuper long-lasting, works well on the waterline as well as the lid and a great eye opener in the inner corner. My favourite out of the three by far!
Yogurt - A subtle, yet flattering pink. Although it looks very metallic in the swatch and when first applied, you can really blend it out to great a beautiful champagne sheen, perfect for the lid. I would totally recommend this shade to those who love natural makeup/don't like to wear a lot. I tend to wear this during the day with lighter makeup; it looks amazing on its own with a thin sweep of eyeliner.
French Fries - A brown with gold/olive undertones. Despite having used this the least of the three, I really love the colour pay off and turn out. The olive/gold/brown tones really reflect off the eyelid and create the prettiest dark smokey eye - the colour when intensely applied really reminds me of Mac's melon pigment. I am sure to be wearing this a lot more now we have entered the cooler months, as I opt more for warmer, darker colours on the eye.



Packaging wise, I think they are pretty simplistic - a white pencil shaped product with a transparent plastic lid, handy when you want to find the colour you want fast. The only issue is that the writing comes off fairly easily, but this isn't much of a problem as the colours can be easily seen.

When looking at pigmentation, these babies have got it all. The swatches above say it all really - one swipe and BAM - an intense, bold colour, exactly the same as it looks in the pencil. The creamy formula is always a plus for me too because they are incredibly easy to blend, whether you want it all over the lid or in the crease. I also love how these don't tug on your eye lids, as some products similar to this tend to do.
Overall, 10/10 for these amazing little pencils, and for such an affordable value. I bought each of these for just £5.00 each in the UK and Ireland - soooo worth the money. I intend to purchase lots of these in the future and might even sneak a few onto my Christmas list..hehe! I recommend this to all those who love a good ol' cream shadow, an amazing bargain and all those that are eye shadow fans in general.

Any further questions on the product that you didn't think I covered, please comment below at the end of this post.

Love you all lots x

27 comments

  1. Love these eye pencils! The colours are so flattering. I especially like the middle colour, it looks so beautiful! :)

    http://www.skinnybelle.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you, the colours are amazing and work so well on the eyelid:-) Thanks for your response xx

      Delete
  2. I should try them ^^

    http://www.vonsnef.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww dear i love these colours for eye pencils!!! they are great!! beautiful post! just followed you on bloglovin!! hope to see you on my blog too! kisses!

    www.fashionizein.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thank you lovely, I followed you back! Lovely blog xxx

      Delete
  4. Love it!!! And need it! :)

    http://kapege23.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks amazing, I really need to try out more shades from NYX!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So so beautiful! I must try 'yogurt' my perfect product ah!:) Great post hun xx

    amyemarshment.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you definitely need to, the colour is gorgeous xxxx

      Delete
  7. Wow those are really pigmented! Really want to try all three shades.

    http://arnellavanilla.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg i know , they are incredible. You definitely need to :-) x

      Delete
  8. i love the color "cottage cheese" it looks amazing on the lash line!

    xx fameliquorlove // bloglovin // instagram // youtube

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want that too! Must put that on my Christmas list xx

      Delete
  9. These three colours are gorgeous- may have to add these to my Christmas wishlist! x
    http://heyitshannaah.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. That seems to be a good brand, sadly I can't find it at my place :/
    Basically I just need to read more good reviews to know if I should buy it on the internet haha

    http://marygolife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh :-( You can buy them online fairly cheap so you could always do that :-) xxxx

      Delete
  11. Love the color in the middle when you swatched it on your hand! Never tried anything of NYX since it is hard to get here in the Netherlands, but their products look so good!

    Melane | Pure Perspective

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yogurt is gorgeous:-) You really need to, all their lips,eyes and face products are amazing. You can buy them online too x

      Delete
  12. These look sooooo nice! I need to try them! Thanks for the recommendation, you have a beautiful blog <3 x

    www.floralsandcoralsx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, they are perfect! You definitely need to get your hands on them if you can:-) Thank you sooo much xxx

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© scarletslippers. Design by FCD.